This past weekend we Colorado Tailhookers flocked to the Western Slope of our great state to watch and partake in the Grand Junction Airshow and then later marshal at NAS GJT (Hans and Kathy Schmoldt’s Ranch) for proper socializing and liquid refreshment.
It’s going to take me a few articles to address all of the stories from the weekend. But some highlights will include:
- Sharing history Original Blue Angel member Al Taddeo
- His reunion with WWII Night Fighter off the Enterprise, Bob Benson
- Marine POW, Bill Angus
- Royal Canadian Navy Aviator Bryan Hayter and memories of his TBM
- The Mad Hatter of Grand Junction! Hans Big Guns Schmoldt!
- Live music by “JD Hoag” of “The Ventures” and Marty Robbens fame!
- And don’t leave your camera gear out when the “Winds of September” come early, or why seeing the cans of a Super Hornet up close is a bad thing!
But to kick things off here’s a taste of some of the Grand Junction Airshow!
Much more to come… much…