This week begins the 2009 “Hook” Convention. I’ll be there… Will you?
Here is the schedule of events for your perusal:
HOOK 09 CONVENTION SCHEDULE
CARRIER AVIATION – ON THE EDGE OF THE ENVELOPE
Thursday, 10 September 2009
- 0900-2100 Registration/Exhibits - Pavilion A-E/Store Open – Pavilion A Foyer
- 1300-1600 THA BOD Meeting, Southern Pacific E & F
- 1800-2100 Welcome to Reunion Groups Reception (no host) – Pavilions A through E
Friday, 11 September 2009
- 0730-1200 Golf Tournament – Wildcreek G.C., Sparks, NV - Overflow to the Top Gun reunion golf tournament. Buses depart from the Nugget main entrance at 0600 and 0645. Breakfast available at the golf courses. Shotgun start at 0730 (lunch included).
- 0800-1200 Round Robin Tennis Tournament – Reno Tennis Center. Bus departs from the Nugget main entrance at 0715
- 0830-1530 Blue Angels Show NAS Fallon – Buses depart from Nugget Hotel East Exit, Bus Transportation Area
- 0830-1330 Lake Tahoe Tour (lunch included) – Bus departs from Nugget Hotel East Exit, Bus Transportation Area
- 0930-1400 Tahoe Ridge Winery Tour (lunch included)
- 0900-2100 Registration/Store Open/Exhibits Open
SYMPOSIUM - Rose A Ballroom
- 0930-1015 Naval Aviation Safety Update – CAPT “Clyde” Langford.
- 1030-1200 Future Capabilities for Carrier Aviation - JSF Program Update and Capabilities Brief.
- 1400-1500 BUPERS UPDATE – CAPT Mike “Magwai” White, PERS43.
- 1515-1630 Warfighter Panel – Moderator - CAPT Kevin “Komrade” Kovacich; Panelists – (TBD).
- 1630-1700 Membership Meeting – Rose A Ballroom
- 1800-2100 Bug Roach Mixer, Pavilions A through E and Rose B Ballroom. Casual Attire, Flight suits encouraged.
Saturday, 12 September 2009
- 0530-1200 Balloon Race Shuttle
- 0830-1500 Registration/Store/Exhibits Open – Pavilion A Foyer
- 0930-1100 Special Event – “Cabaret Behind the Scenes” Celebrity Showroom
SYMPOSIUM- Rose A Ballroom
- 0900-1015 N880 Plans for the Future
- 1030-1145 Tailhook Aviation on the Edge of the Envelope - Moderator: CAPT Lonny “Eagle” McClung
- Blues: CAPT Gil Rud, Kevin O’Mara, Current CO
- Topgun: Monroe Smith, CAPT Rolland “Dawg” Thompson, CAPT (sel) Dan “Undra” Cheever.
- 1200-1330 RADM “Jig Dog” Ramage Recognition Luncheon, Rose B Ballroom
- 1400-1545 Aviation Flag Panel hosted by – VADM Tom “Killer” Kilcline, CNAF
- 1500 Exhibits Close – Dismantle and Pack Up
- 1800-1930 Tailhook Pre-Banquet Reception (no host) – Rose A and B Foyer
- 1930-2200 Tailhook Banquet, Semi-Formal (Jacket and tie for men, Cocktail dress for women), Rose A and B Ballroom, Guest Speaker, Admiral Pat “Sponge” Walsh, USN
Sunday 13 September 2009
Breakfast available at the General Store, the Farm House or the Rotisserie on the Nugget’s main floor.
Reunion Support: We are looking for volunteers willing to work on the Hook '09 Reunion Committee
- PowerPoint Ranger
- Camera Operator
- General Volunteers
Volunteers recieve a free room, tickets to all events and 2009 reunion shirts
Contact Marc Ostertag (800) 322-4665
2nd annual “Bullet Bob Canepa” Memorial Tennis Round Robin
- Friday, September 11th 2009 - 0830-1200
- Reno Tennis Center
- Space available for 32 players
- Prizes for everyone
- Sign up today!
- Sponsored by Northrup Grumman & Raytheon